Reading for broadcast isn’t the only way you can assist our award-winning service
So we can better serve all vision- and print-restricted Canadians, VoicePrint could also use your help with the following:
- MANAGE OR PARTICIPATE in fundraising and outreach events
- STAFF an information booth at community events and gatherings where potential listeners, their friends and potential donors might be present
- SERVE on a speaker’s bureau, going out to give presentations to service clubs, community groups, church groups, seniors, etc.
- ENCOURAGE people in your community to join our annual Friends of VoicePrint donation program
- SUGGEST potential sources of funding
MAKE A DONATION THROUGH YOUR COMPANY:
The Royal Bank and Bell Canada recently made financial donations to VoicePrint through a unique program that recognizes the valuable role volunteers play in a community. Such programs (where offered) provide an excellent way to extend the impact of your volunteer involvement here at VoicePrint. For example, the Royal Bank will make a donation of $500 when a staff member volunteers 40 hours or more annually.
Please check your company’s benefits program and ask your coordinator about facilitating this process. For example, some companies require letters from the charitable organization. Many of you may be unaware of the fact that although VoicePrint is designated a “must carry” service for most broadcast-distribution undertakings, such as cable television and satellite companies, we receive only 70 per cent of the funding we must have to maintain the service. And that’s why we are continually researching new ways to raise monies for VoicePrint.
To learn more, please e-mail us at